Discover where Biotechnology can take you
Malaysian Theatre, Melbourne School of DesignMap
Australia’s biotechnology industry encompasses a broad range of careers and occupations. With a panel of guest speakers from diverse organisations this event will explore where biotechnology can take you, and advise students of pathways to enter the industry. Each panellist will discuss how their organisation fits into the wider Australian biotech industry more generally, as well as delve into specifics about their role. This event is particularly well suited to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, and recent graduates are also welcome. We look forward to seeing you there!
The evening will start with a short panel introduction of each industry representative before moving to breakout rooms, enabling students to continue a Q&A and discuss research developments and trends in industry with their chosen organisation from the panel. This will then be followed by pizza and informal networking.
- Catherine Abbott, R & D Analyst, William Buck Chartered Accountants and Advisors
- Kath Jackman PhD, Investment Analyst, Brandon Capital Partners Pty Ltd
- Charlie Ma, Pharmaceutical Validation Associate, CSL Behring
- Hugh Dircks, Senior Microbiologist, Carlton United Breweries
- Julia Waite, Community Operations Manager, SproutX
Hosted by Dr Mel Thomson, General Manager Education, Skills and Events at MTP Connect (MedTech and Pharma Growth Centre)
Please arrive for a 5:30pm start and don't forget to bring your questions ready for the workshops. Stick around afterwards for informal networking and complimentary Pizza.